Kids In The Kitchen
-Let your little ones crack the eggs, stir the batter and make something delicious! Here are some great finds to add to your kitchen.
Cupcakes seem to be taking over cakes! There are so many specialty cupcake shops in Miami with delicious cupcakes and beautiful designs. I love the idea of the giant cupcake cake with a bunch of cupcakes and mini cupcakes displayed around the cupcake cake.
These colorful cookie cutters are kid friendly and are perfect to make a star shaped sandwich or heart shaped Rice Krispie treats! The soft handles make it easy for kids to use.
Brownie pops have become very popular thanks to Bakerella and make a wonderful presentation for any party! Use your imagination and come up with all kind of deserts with the brownie pop molds.
I love these kitchen utensils! They’re fun and make a great gift for any child who loves to help out in the kitchen.
My favorite deserts:
This is a family favorite and is very simple to make, has only 5 ingredients and bakes within 15 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F
- Butter four 3/4-cup custard cups or soufflé dishes
- Place on baking sheet
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted
- Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted
- Stir in sugar until well blended
- Blend in eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk
- Stir in flour
- Divide batter among prepared custard cups
- BAKE 13 to 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft
- Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen
- Invert cakes onto dessert dishes
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped topping
What you’ll need:
4 cups miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter/margarine
6 cups Rice Krispies
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
My favorite ‘Kids in the Kitchen’ products: